Well, we are six months down in 2017 and let me just say, the New Year’s Promises I had made six months ago, lets check in on them…. Continue reading “Well Into the New Year….UPDATE”
So it has been months since I have written a post to my blog. A lot has happened in those months and I am trying to get back to writing again. It has been over 3 months now since I have written. I don’t hold back in this post, this tells the dirty truth about a parent grieving and how it quickly spirals out of control even for those of us who feel we are strong enough to handle ourselves without help.
Over the past few days when things have been tough for me, I have found that again, Melanie and her blog have shown me things. Continue reading “What does a Successful Life Look Like to You? Do You Even See Your Family As Part of It?”
I was reading another blogger’s blog today that he wrote about a specific verse in the bible. He gave me a whole new meaning to the verse he stated in his post. Below is what he wrote. Please go check out Rogers blog that I have put a link to here: Continue reading “Matthew 5:4 Blessed are those who morn, for they will be comforted – What does that really mean to you?”
Lots of ideas on what to write about this prompt….
I could make a list of the things I want to accomplish – Someday like:
- Visit England
- Visit Australia
- Write a Book (in the process of talking about doing this now)
- Retirement (not possible with day and age but a girl can dream)
- Vacation in Red River New Mexico where my husband and I honeymooned
- Been with my son in Heaven and wrap my arms around him tightly
I am going to be trying out some of the Daily Prompt blog prompts this year as well. Just to get my writing better and on a more consistent habit.
I know my family and friends will all fall out of their chairs when they read that I am even thinking of writing a book. I know there are tons of books already out there from grieving parents about every way a child could pass, but maybe my story is a little different and has a different perspective than all the others and if it helps one person besides me and I can get someone to publish it, then I have achieved my goal. Continue reading “Float”
As I started this new year, I promised myself that I was going to be more proactive about a lot of things. Included below are a handful of what I promised myself:
- a budget for my family that we are going to stick to
- writing/reading the scripture every day (I have a plan to follow to keep me on track)
- working through a wonderful bible study that Kathleen Duncan and her husband have put together regarding Grief
- Seeing the joy in my life not just my loss
- Live in the today, not in what could have been
These are just a few of the things on my list of reminders (I refuse to use the word resolution because I never accomplish those and I am determined to accomplish these). Continue reading “Well Into the New Year….”